LITTLE WARRIOR OUT NOW!
Widget features Tracks from both Little Warrior and Caravan
1. “Foggy Bottom” by Lisa Engelken (Little Warrior)
2. “Viva la felicita” by Franco Godi (Little Warrior)
3. “You Wear Those Eyes” by Ric Ocasek (Little Warrior)
4. “Canto de Ossanha” by Baden Powell (Caravan)
5. “From the Earth” (Red Clay) by Lisa Engelken and Freddie Hubbard (Caravan)
6. “Undertow” (Nefertiti) by Lisa Engelken and Wayne Shorter (Little Warrior)
Lisa produced, arranged, and wrote all 11 tracks on Little Warrior named among the Best of 2013 Jazz Albums. Little Warrior was released in follow-up to Caravan, also produced and arranged by Engelken, and named to the Best of 2010 by the Jazz Journalists Association.
CD Art Design by Louis Cubba
Caravan includes 10 fresh arrangements by Engelken and features her take standards, Brazilian and contemporary artists such as Billy Idol and Joni Mitchell.
Create your own Lisa Engelken Radio Station on pandora.com.
Track List for Caravan:
1. we’ll be together again
2. just one of those things
3. canto de ossanha
5. afro blue
6. trouble child
7. winter moon
8. from the earth (Lisa’s new lyric version of “Red Clay”)
9. white wedding
10. detour ahead
BONUS TRACK: East of the Sun (available on iTunes! only)
Musicians appearing on Caravan are:
- Adam Shulman (piano) - Doug Beavers (trombone)
– Jarrett Cherner (piano) – David Alt (tenor sax, clarinet)
– Sam Bevan (bass) – Jon Monahan (guitars)
– Gabe Davis (bass) – Brian Rice (percussion)
– Matt Swindells (drums) – Chabela Yrigoyen (backing vocals)
– Mike Olmos (trumpet) – Jeanette Sarmiento (backing vocals)
– Joel Behrman (trumpet, flugelhorn, trombone)
FREE MUSIC DOWNLOAD
when you sign up for Lisa’s newsletter!
Lisa Engelken – Ain’t Dead Yet Zip (4.8MB includes MP3 and album cover)
Ain’t Dead Yet is Lisa’s swamp gospel song which was released on her jazz album Cosmopolitan.
Lisa wrote “Ain’t Dead Yet” for the SF theatrical production “A Lie of the Mind” by Sam Shepard (Bare Bones Theatre Co).
The CD cover art: “Cosmopolitan” by Theresa Moore.